Happy Marvelous Monday, everybody!! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Unfortunately, the weather here in PA was dreary on Saturday, but Sunday was bright and sunny! Kayla and I started our day with a 90-minute spin class with our favorite instructor, Karen. It’s the BEST way to start my week!! Of course, I used my Armour39. 900 calories burned..WOAH!
Hopefully we can all agree that nobody likes a selfish person. With that in mind, we usually try our best not to be a selfish person. Sometimes, that leaves us stressed, overworked, and not caring for ourselves the way we should. It’s alright to be a little bit selfish sometimes. If you don’t take care of and love yourself, then who else will!?
One of the (many) benefits of going to the Idea World Fitness BlogFest and talking to so may amazing bloggers is that I also get to hear their point of view based on the spiritual journey that accompanies living a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Here are 8 daily habits to foster the most important relationship you’ll ever have – your relationship with yourself!! I had a little help from some of my blogger friends 😉
1. Every morning, look in the mirror and say 5 “I AM” statements. “Every morning, I say them and I really believe them!”
– Lyndsey from The Balanced Brunette
2. Treat yourself to a massage – doesn’t have to cost a penny! “I give myself a scalp massage everytime I shampoo. Feels delicious!”
3. Exercise and honor your body with movement! “I make working out a priority because it’s what I want for myself. I used to feel guilty doing it if something else needed to be done – cleaning, working, shopping, etc. I decided that my health is important too and I deserve it! :)”
-Runnin’ Rocker at RunninRocker.com
4. While ‘me’ time is necessary, take time to cherish your loved ones! “I try to get my husband to watch the kids while I take a nice (hopefully long) shower and then I hop in bed with the kids to watch Angelina Ballerina together before putting them to bed.”
-Kristin from Exploring Domesticity
5. Take a second (or a few) and just breathe. “I work in a ridiculously stressful environment. I stop once or twice a day and breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth, and tell myself “I am awesome.” Only way to get through my day sometimes!”
-Libby from Bruises in the Frosting
6. Disconnect (from your electronics!) “I turn my phone off at a certain time so I can pray and get enough sleep.”
-Tasha from The Hip Healthy Chick
(Side note: I deeply admire and respect Tasha’s commitment to her religion. Often times it is one of the few things that keep people sane. Whether your ‘disconnect’ time is spent praying or just deeply thinking, it’s important to allow the spiritual side of yourself to breathe.)
7. High-intensity exercise is a great release – but low-intensity exercise can be just as effective on your stress levels. “Work out each day for sure, but I make time to practice yoga each day because it always makes me feel great and destressed.”
-Marlene from Fit Delight
8. Sun’s up, fuel up! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – seriously! “Eat a healthy breakfast! Loving yourself means giving your body the proper nutrition so you can be your best at anything you do!”
-Michelle from Shell Loves Fitness
8b. Don’t just eat breakfast – enjoy breakfast! “I always wake up early enough to give myself a nice, relaxing morning. I make my coffee, make my oatmeal and take my time eating breakfast while relaxing, sometimes out on the patio if it’s a nice morning! It sets the tone for my day rather than rushing around getting ready as the start of my day. Sometimes I’ll watch the news, or read other blogs or do work on my own blog in this time. It’s my “me” time.”
-Kayla from Blondes Have More Run
Special thanks to all the lovely ladies who contributed to this post!
Occasionally when I feel inclined to write, it’s usually because it relates to something I am experiencing in my own life. I’ve been dating someone for the past few months, and it’s awesome! Sometimes, however, it’s so great that it’s easy to forget that I need to take care of myself as well – as opposed to depending on someone else to do it for me. Being in a relationship with someone you connect with is a great feeling, but it’s important not to become too dependent on love from them and only them. Before they ever came along, it was love from and for yourself that you had to rely on.
I hope you all enjoyed this post – please, comment and respond!! I also encourage you to check out these girls’ blogs and follow all their awesome posts! 🙂
What is something you do each day to show yourself love??