So on Saturday, I had my first cheat meal. By cheat meal, I mean heavy duty cheeseburger with french fries. No, I don’t have a picture because it was just too much of a monstrosity of calories to record with photographic evidence.
Let me just say, I felt the guilt instantly after I finished eating. I hadn’t had food like that in about 4-5 months. I truly realized how those kinds of foods do not fuel my body the way I need it to. I felt sluggish, depressed, bloated..and even more motivated than ever to kick my butt at the gym and get more strict with my diet.
I was right back in the gym the following day – wearing my new Fitfluential Viewsport shirt! After getting all sweaty, it showed the word “#PROOF” on my lower back. I felt so proud! I love being able to see that I am working hard.
Needless to say, I’ve been kicking my butt. I’ll spend almost 2 hours at the gym, 1 of them being spin class, then go home feeling like I still need to workout. So, today, I came home and finished up some push ups, a few plyo’s, and abs! I also have a new plank time – longest I’ve done so far!!
I thought this time appropriate to try a new meal plan! It’s pretty regimented, but here it is:
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 c. spinach
- 1/2 c. oatmeal w/ 6 almonds
- 1/2 orange
- 4 oz turkey
- 1/2 c. green beans
- 4 oz. sweet potato
- 1/2 plain greek yogurt and 6 berries
- 3 oz chicken breast or lean beef
- 1 piece ezekiel bread OR 1/4 c. brown rice
- 2 c. mixed green salad w/ 1/4 avocado & 1 t. balsamic vinegar OR 1/2 c. broccoli
- 4 oz pork
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 scoop of whey protein mixed with water, or bedtime tea
Kayla showed me this meal plan along with the workout schedule that goes with it. For my personal meal plan, I modified it just a little bit to match my regular calorie consumption. She found all of this from Muscle & Fitness Hers. 🙂
At first I was a little nervous to start such a strict and regimented meal plan, for fear that I might, out of convenience, just stick to my regular diet plan. I feel like this plan, however, might give me that extra push to keep toning, tightening, and strengthening my whole body.
Kayla & I are headed to the beach for vacation from Wednesday to Friday, so we definitely plan on meal prepping like madwomen and there might even be a few beach workouts that we post! *hint hint* 😉 We could both use a little R & R. Til next time friends! 🙂
Questions for you:
- How often do you have a cheat meal, if at all?
- How do you feel afterwards? ‘Derailed’? Satisfied?
- Get Rid Of Extra Pounds With These Tips (fish72freeze.wordpress.com)
- Meal Planning Week of July 21st! (alisueonthemove.wordpress.com)
- “Meal Prepping Made Easy” (progressionofyou.com)
- Almost Paleo Hazelnut “Burgers” (lifeatthecircle.wordpress.com)
- We Tried It: An Office Juice Cleanse (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)