I LOVE CHOCOLATE. It’s dangerous. The night I decided start eating ‘clean’, I tried my friend’s raw brownie balls, and my jaw dropped at how much they tasted like actual brownies. They’re so easy and handy to have to bring with a packed meal when you feel like sneaking a dollar to get that Snickers bar from the vending machine. Here’s the recipe:
- 13-14 pitted dates
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- Extra cocoa powder or confectioner’s sugar to roll coat (Optional)
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor.
- Add the pitted dates, followed by the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Add a little bit of water until the mix starts to form into what looks like dough, and it’s sticking together.
- Role into little ball shapes. You can then coat them in more cocoa powder or confectioners sugar, or more chopped nuts if you’d like.*
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before eating, so they harden and really stick together. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
* – I prefer to coat mine in PB2 and eat them with strawberries. Yum! 🙂
The brownie balls are in the center of my little display 🙂